FrostWire is a P2P file sharing program for the Gnutella network, and based on the LimeWire source code.
A simple search tool makes it easy to look for particular videos, audio files, images, documents or programs. Or you can just click the Torrents tab and enter any keyword that might appear in your target torrent file name. Search results appear at speed, and you can be downloading files in just a few seconds.
All this comes without the spyware, ads or commercial nag screens that you get in some of the competition. (FrostWire will install the Ask toolbar if you accept all the default installation settings, but clear the appropriate checkboxes and you'll stay Ask-free.)
And this version is more compact, loads faster, delivers improved BitTorrent support and has enhanced spam filters, amongst many other changes.
Frostwire 6.0.7 changes include:
- New feature: Preview while you download.
- Memory and CPU savings when parsing search results on some search engines.
- BTJunkie fixed.
- TPB search fixed.
- KAT search fixed.
- Monova search fixed.
- Fixes bug where soundcloud, archive.org audio downloads would not automatically be scanned by iTunes.
- Croatian translation updates.
- Torrent creation and parsing now done using frostwire-jlibtorrent api. More Azureus cleanups.
- Fixes run on startup issue on Windows. Thanks to @win32re.
- Upgraded java virtual machine to 1.8.0_40 with hundreds of fixes and upgrades.
- Upgraded H2 database engine.
- Upgraded frostwire-jlibtorrent to the latest code from libtorrent.
- UX-improvement: A repeated search will honor active search engines.