FrostWire is a P2P file sharing program for the Gnutella network, and based on the LimeWire source code.
A simple search tool makes it easy to look for particular videos, audio files, images, documents or programs. Or you can just click the Torrents tab and enter any keyword that might appear in your target torrent file name. Search results appear at speed, and you can be downloading files in just a few seconds.
All this comes without the spyware, ads or commercial nag screens that you get in some of the competition. (FrostWire will install the Ask toolbar if you accept all the default installation settings, but clear the appropriate checkboxes and you'll stay Ask-free.)
And this version is more compact, loads faster, delivers improved BitTorrent support and has enhanced spam filters, amongst many other changes.
Frostwire 6.0.6 changes include:
- Fixes bug where default save location for torrents would not be accounted for.
- New: When changing default save location, any ongoing torrent transfers are moved to the new location.
- Romanian and Finnish translation updates.
- New: Option to turn off Bittorrent DHT.
- YT search upgrades.
- New: Supports shortened y2u.be url searches.
- OSX: When shutting down to start the installer for an update now the window is focused to make sure the user doesn't get lost during the update process.