It is right to exercise a degree of caution when using a computer. An unexpected program crashing can not only lead to losing the document that was open in that program, but there is also the risk that the crash will bring down Windows completely, along with any other applications that may be running at the same time. Browsing the internet can be fraught with problems, with drive-by downloads threatening to infect your computer with unknown malware. Protection for some of these problems is available in the form of antivirus and anti-malware products, but another option is to make use of Sandboxie.
This innovative program makes it possible to run applications in complete isolation from the rest of your system - in a sandbox. This means that any problems that may crop up in an isolated piece of software do not spread to other areas of your system; this help to protect against full system crashes, and also the spread of malware. Sandboxie can also be used to run web browser sessions in isolation so that any malicious web sites that may be encountered are not able to cause any damage outside the sandbox.
If you spend a lot of time installing and uninstalling software to try it out, consider using Sandboxie to install programs into a sandbox to prevent your system from being slowed down by clutter. This is a unique program which makes it easy to avoid unwanted changes to your system and helps to keep Windows running smoothly.
The new Sandboxie 5.12 ships with a number of improvements, including:
- Microsoft Office 2013/2016/365 ClickToRun is now supported for paid users.
- Chrome 52 is now supported.
- Sandboxed applications are no longer allowed to change the system power configuration.
- Environment variable USERNAME now shows proper username instead of "SYSTEM" in sandboxed applications.
- Added qWave driver (Google Hangouts, and other websites) to templates.ini under Applications->Miscellaneous
- The new, faster loader code developed for Windows 10 is now used for Win 8.0 & 8.1.
- Fixed 2 Excel clipboard related crashes
- Fixed Win 10 FR 14328 issue with WOW64 applications crashing.
- Fixed Win 10 FR 14316 BSOD.
- Fixed Win 10 FR 14316 (SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE).
- Fixed Win 10 FR 14295 crash in Chrome & FF.
- Fixed Win 10 FR Build 14279 (SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE)
- Fixed rare printing crash in Chrome-32 under Win 10-64.