Spend a little time online and it won't be long before you are required to fill in some sort of form - and the chances are it also won't be long before you are asked to fill in another similar form asking for very much the same information. While web browsers have been developed so certain key details such as usernames and passwords can be automatically filled in for you, filling in the details of an online form is still something of a manual process even if a feature such as auto-complete is enabled.
RoboForm takes things a step further, offering to not only fill in user names and passwords on your behalf, but also to automatically fill in longer forms such as those asking for address details. During the installation of RoboForm you will be prompted to create a master password. This is used to protect all of the passwords and other form information that will be stored in the program so it is important that it is not only difficult for other people to guess, but also something that you are going to remember. Whatever web browser you are using, you can then provide RoboForm with common personal information and the program will fill in the relevant fields of online forms when necessary.
There are two versions of RoboForm available - the free edition and the Pro version. The free version can be used to create a single user profile, with 10 password logins, while an unlimited number are available in the Pro edition. Users of RoboForm Pro can create an unlimited number of custom fields, while only three can be created in the free version. If you've been looking for a way to save time and avoid the potential problem of spelling mistakes when filling in online forms, RoboForm may just be the tool you have been looking for.
What's new in 8.3.9 (see changelog for more)?
- Fix incorrect handling of RDC Login window in Windows 10.
- Fix wrong positioning of RF toolbar on high DPI screen in Chrome and Opera browsers.
- Fix problem with wrong RF filling of Basic Auth window in IE.
- Fix Clear Search history command of RF toolbar does not work in Firefox.
- Fix RF Fill Forms command may crash IE in some rare cases.
- Fix Chrome may ask to restore tabs after wrong termination by RF installer in some rare cases.
- Fix installing RF extension into Firefox-based browsers when official Firefox is not installed.
- Fix RF Auto Save is not offered on sites instagram.com, wordpress.com.
- Fix RF shows wrong UI and asks wrong questions when Master Password is changed from another device.
- Fix Sync command does not show Sync progress window when automatic sync is already running in background.
- Add a command into RoboForm Options dialog to reset all suppressed warnings.
- Rename "Weak" tab in Security Center to "All".
- Fix several bugs in UI.