Acronis True Image 2016 is a powerful application which can back up anything from individual files and folders, to single partitions and entire hard drives.
Operations remain as simple as ever. Choose "Entire PC" as the source, an external drive as the destination, and you can have your first backup running in seconds. But if you need more, just choose the files, folders or partitions you'd like to protect, then use the extensive Settings dialog to configure your backup scheme, schedule, encryption, notifications, Exclude filters, pre/ post commands, validation rules, and the list goes on.
Acronis True Image 2016 brings welcome return of "Try&Decide", a handy feature which allows you to take a system snapshot, then carry out some potentially risky action - install a new program, maybe - and optionally revert to your snapshot if there are any problems.
More generally, the new release has improved backup and recovery speeds, and sees various interface tweaks to make it even easier to use.
Please note, the big change this time is that Acronis True Image 2016 supports backing up to local and network storage devices only. For online backup, check out Acronis True Image Cloud 2016, which brings you unlimited cloud storage space, support for backing up iOS/ Android/ Windows mobile devices, and a new online dashboard to keep track of your hardware.
What's new in build 6581 (see the Release Notes for more information)?
- Full support for high-DPI screens
- Custom text labels in the subject of the email notification messages that simplify monitoring backup statuses
- Timing of the product notifications has been coordinated
- An option to limit the upload speed when you back up data to Acronis Cloud
- When creating a WinPE media, there is no need to download Acronis Media Add-on because it is included in the product installer
- An option that allows a user to force or to delay a computer shutdown while a backup is in progress.
- Switching between UI elements has been accelerated and improved
- NVMe drives and eMMC drives are supported in both the normal and standalone (bootable media) versions of Acronis True Image
- Different issue fixes, increased stability, and performance improvements
- Lots of bug fixes