Cdrtfe is a simple open-source tool for burning data discs, audio CDs, XCDs, (S)VCDs and DVD-Video discs from VIDEO_TS folders. The program can also create ISO images from discs, or burn ISOs to disc.
The interface is straightforward. There are tabs for project types - "Data CD", "Audio CD", "Video DVD" etc - and typically you'll drag and drop a few files or folders, choose a destination drive and click "Start" to burn your disc.
Cdrtfe has a few unexpected extras. It can create audio CDs from wav, mp3, flac or ogg files, or rip CDs to those formats. There's optional Explorer integration, and if you have multiple writers, the program can write images to each of them simultaneously.
Perhaps best of all, the program isn't reinventing the wheel by trying to do all of this itself. Instead it acts as a front end for other popular apps like cdrecord and mkisofs, so you can be reasonably sure that all the core functions will work properly.
What's new in v1.5.7:
* DAE: Addes progress bar (per track).
* Audio CD: Start writing process only if a CD-R(W) is inserted.
* Disk Image:
- Fixed 'Invalid handle' error when verifying ISO images by avoiding
a sharing violation.
- Check ISO volume size before staring verification. If the volume
size is smaller than the ISO image size, then limit the verification
to the volume.
- Allow raw writing mode for CUE images.