Is your e-book collection is a disorganised mess of different formats and competing viewers? It doesn't have to be that way. Calibre is an e-book management tool that will quickly bring order to the situation, and help you get more from the format, and (if you have one) your portable e-book reader.
The process starts by letting the program organise your e-books library. Point calibre at your files and it'll quickly (and almost automatically) build a database around your collection, downloading metadata like covers for extra visual appeal. You can then sort and search your books by title, author, date published, rating, custom tags and more, making it quick and easy to find whatever you need.
Calibre can then display your book, too (as long as it's not DRM-protected), with an integrated viewer that handles all the main formats and supports features like table of contents, CSS, printing, searching, embedded fonts and more.
You also get a comprehensive conversion tool that will convert documents in all the main e-book formats (CBZ, CBR, CBC, EPUB, FB2, HTML, LIT, LRF, MOBI, ODT, PDF, PRC, PDB, PML, RB, RTF, TCR, TXT) to any of twelve standard formats (EPUB, FB2, OEB, LIT, LRF, MOBI, PDB, PML, RB, PDF, TCR, TXT).
And there are many surprising extras. Calibre can automatically fetch news from websites or RSS feeds, for instance, then format the results into an eBook. A powerful sync tool will work with many different devices, from dedicated e-book readers like the Kindle to Android phones and the iPhone. And the program even includes an integrated web server that allows you to access your e-book collection from a browser, anywhere in the world.
Version 2.83.0 changes include (release notes):
- PDF Output: Default to generating PDFs with a page size of letter instead of taking the page size from the output profile.
- PDF/DOCX Output: Add separate, pdf/docx specific, page margin settings that override the common settings.
- Table of Contents tool: Add an undo button
- Metadata jacket: Show custom rating columns using stars
- Metadata jacket: Change formatting of series to match that used by the book details panel. Also allow access to the raw series name and number when customizing the jacket template.
- calibredb check_library: Vacuum database when running the check
-Check Book: Add a check for empty identifier elements