TagScanner is a versatile tag editor that makes it easy to organise your music collection.
The program can automatically tag your audio files by working with file and folder names, or online databases (Freedb, Tractype, Amazon, Discogs).
Unusually, it's also able to work in the other direction, renaming files based on tags and other information. So if you currently have thousands of tracks that follow, well, no consistent naming structure at all, then this will fix the problem in just a minute or two.
And the program is compatible with all the standards you need. It can handle embedded lyrics and cover art. The program understands a wide range of tag types: ID3 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4 tags, APE v1 and v2, Vorbis Comments, WMA tags and MP4(iTunes) metadata. And there's support for MP3, OGG, Musepack, Monkey's Audio, FLAC, AAC, OptimFROG, SPEEX, WavePack, TrueAudio, WMA, and MP4 files, with a built-in audio player allowing you to listen while the program works.
Version 6.0.23 brings (changelog):
- New keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+R and toolbar button for Rename folder by tag wizard
- New ability to load and save user-defined gernes from external files
- Support for reading of ID3v2 UFID frame
- Progam now remembers last used playlist name
- Most of the buttons on toolbars now may change their state depending on selection
- Fixed: Can't remove metadata from DFF files
- Fixed: Program crashes if files structure change outside interface
- Fixed: Saving of some ID3v2 frames with incorrect encoding
- Translation: Portuguese (Brazil), Persian, Chinese Simplified