For anyone who has to travel on business, it’s all-too-easy to leave behind files on your PC or require access to confidential accounts, but you don’t always have the time to copy those files to a USB key. Indeed, installing a portable version of your favourite software on a temporary host PC, isn’t always practical. If you need to do some work on a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation, and you have no access to PowerPoint, you’re in trouble.
With the rise of fast broadband, accessing and using your PC remotely is a possibility. With the right software, you can quickly and easily login to the remote PC and view and use the desktop from a host PC, without leaving a trace behind. It’s all secure and safe, so neither the host computer owner nor external hacker can intercept the connection.
LogMeIn is desktop software you can use to remotely access another PC (which requires LogMeIn installed) from any host PC or Mac, across the Internet. Indeed, with a Mac, you and use your PC, in a window on your desktop, without requiring any further applications, virtual operating system or Bootcamp installed. You can use a Windows application on your Mac, with just remote access.
Note that LogMeIn Free has been discontinued and replaced with a subscription model.
What's new in 4.1.11776 (see release notes for more)?
- On macOS, improved Remote Sound performance.
- The following new features are supported for LogMeIn Antivirus: Threat Log Report, Apply scan profile settings to multiple hosts, Apply host's proxy settings for LogMeIn AV
- Fixed an issue during activity logging that duplicated log events.
- Fixed an issue when connecting to Remote Desktop servers, that cause the connection to slow.
- Fixed an issue in the LogMeIn Client App for windows that caused Japanese characters to display as question marks.