IsoBuster is an unusually powerful data recovery tool that can rescue files from just about any optical disc.
The program works with all CD, DVD, Blu-ray and even HD DVD formats. In a couple of clicks it can be scanning your disc for lost data. And a deep understanding of many different file structures means that, if the files are still readable, there's a very good chance that they can be recovered.
There are also many convenient and thoughtful touches here. When you first scan a disc, for instance, IsoBuster will ask if you want to create an image of it on your hard drive (scanning that will be much faster). And in a welcome bonus feature, the program allows you to open many image formats, and browse them as though they were actually discs, viewing documents or launching the applications they contain.
There is also an important restriction with this version of the program: it can't recover data from UDF discs (UDF is the file system used by packet writing applications). To unlock this you must purchase an IsoBuster Pro licence; this costs $29.95 for personal use, and you can find out more on the IsoBuster site.
IsoBuster 4.3 includes these improvements (see changelog for more):
- Support for Toshiba HDD recorders
- Support for Pioneer HDD recorders
- Support for Sony HDD recorders that mimic (or under the hood are) Pioneers
- Support for Philips HDD recorders
- Support for Magnavox HDD recorders
- Support for RCA DRC8030N HDD recorder
- Support for LiteOn HDD recorders
- Support for Medion MD 81888 HDD recorder (which is really a LiteOn under the hood)
- It is entirely possible that other Sony, Medion, LG or other brand drives should be listed here as well if they are rebranded models from above list
- The IBP/IBQ Image file manager can now Import and Export lists of sectors for super easy engineering
- Option to find and enumerate optical drives with media that is not CD, DVD, BD media with tracks and sessions, such as MO and PD media that contains partitions and generic non-optical file systems
Support for the Atari ST *.st image file