WinGate Proxy Server is an internet gateway and communications server suitable for anything from small home networks to large businesses.
The program will share anything from a simple dial-up to speedy fibre internet connection between your various network users, for instance. And support for a host of internet protocols ensures WinGate Proxy Server will work with browsers, instant messaging software, FTP, SSL, streaming audio and video, DirectPlay internet games, and more.
Logging and auditing features, combined with a real-time activity viewer ensure you can always keep an eye on exactly how your internet connection is being used. And if this doesn't meet your approval then it's easy to set up and enforce custom access control and acceptable use policies.
Your security is protected at all times by WinGate Proxy Server's integrated packet-inspecting firewall. But if you need more then the program can be extended (at additional cost) with modules to, say, scan incoming data for malware, or filter out inappropriate content in web traffic.
And the integrated web and DNS caching means the program could improve network performance, too.
Conveniently, the program is also licenced according to the number of concurrent users, not per seat. As not everyone will be using the internet at any one time, this could save you a significant amount of cash.
Version 126.96.36.19981 brings (Changelog):
1. Fix: Policy: Fixed auto-reported crash on F1 help for event items in policy editor.
2. Fix: Web Proxy: Fixed HTML escaping of event names and error messages when reporting errors in event handlers.
3. Fix: Web Admin: Fixed HTML escaping of event names and error messages when reporting errors in event handlers.
4. Fix: Auth client: Fixed handling of OK button / default action to not close dialog.
5. Fix: IP to country: Fixed access to CountryForIp function via script runtimes.
6. New: Web Proxy: Now supports WebSockets for forward and reverse proxy.
7. New: Web Proxy: Added list to check for sites not to inspect for SSL inspection
8. New: Auth Client: Added 32 bit QbikAuth32.exe for authenticating from 32 bit windows clients.
9. New: Schema: Added SetString call to allow setting values for global data strings
10. New: SSL/TLS: block client-initiated SSL renegotiation to prevent denial of service.