Avast Premier 2019 is the company's premium security suite and includes an antivirus engine, firewall, browsing protection and browser cleanup tool.
The suite builds on Avast Internet Security with an automated software update tool, which can not only alert you to new updates but download and install them as well.
Another big extra is a military-grade data shredder, which can wipe important files, documents and other personal data, and ensure there's no chance they can be recovered.
Installation is simple and straightforward. Compatibility seems good, too, with the package running happily alongside Bitdefender Internet Security on our test PC.
The program interface is clean and very easy to use. Just click "Run Smart Scan" and Avast immediately runs a quick check for malware, missing software updates, network vulnerabilities even looks for weak passwords and junk files.
When it's finished, clicking "Resolve all" allows you to review the results and fix whatever the program has found.
The network security scanner detects more router vulnerabilities and displays extra details.
WebShield has switched to a smarter and more compatible system of HTTPS scanning, as used in Firefox, Chrome and Opera.
What's new in 2019 v19.2?
- Custom love. We’ve updated the look of our Custom Scans screen
- Geek-ster egg. We’ve hidden some new advanced settings for our geek fans — just search for ‘geek:area’ in your settings
- Improved the syncing speed of our tray icon
- Made our Outlook plugin work again on x86 systems
- Thawed out an annoying UI freeze some of you were experiencing